Swiss Life France has gone live with SimCorp Dimension for its proprietary trading units in February 2013, which is used at Swiss Life France as the new investment management platform front-to-back. Over the last three years, Swiss Life Switzerland and Swiss Life Germany were implemented and first experiences earned.
Swiss Life has implemented the new portfolio management module Asset Manager in the French entity. The Asset Manager is the central portfolio management module in the solution portfolio of SimCorp Dimension and replaces the former module Portfolio Workbench. It is especially designed for portfolio managers covering a wide range of asset classes and instrument types as a central analysis and decision support platform.
The implementation at Swiss Life France also comprised the Compliance Manager module to control all relevant regulatory and internal compliance rules.
A new feature in the implementation was the comprehensive use of the Compliance Manager for ex-ante and ex-post limit control. Due to the integration of the Asset Manager with the functionality offered by the Compliance Manager, orders can be validated before being released to the market. This compliance validation step, taking place before the trade is executed, has proven helpful within the trading process of Swiss Life France.
Eprox Consulting’s contribution to the project
Eprox was part of a multi-national project team consisting of internal resources from Swiss Life (French and Swiss asset management units) and external consultants.
Eprox Consulting was dedicated to the implementation of the following SimCorp Dimension modules:
- Compliance Manager and
- Investment Accounting Manager
The main contribution of the Eprox’ consultants to the implementation of the Compliance Manager were:
- Specification of the Compliance & Controlling requirements (reporting and ex-ante/ex-post limit control):
- Analysis and description of the local Compliance & Controlling requirements (reporting and ex-ante / ex-post limit control)
- Creation of the Conceptual Design Document for Compliance & Controlling
- Creation of report specifications (e.g. limit reports)
- Creation of implementation concepts (Detailed Design Document)
- Implementation of the functional requirements in the Compliance Manager module of SimCorp Dimension:
- Configuration of the Compliance Manager (transaction and position based ex-ante and ex-post compliance rules)
- Integration and testing of ex-ante compliance checks in the Asset Manager module of SimCorp Dimension
- Testing of the rules in Compliance Manager
- Testing of reports
- Functional advisory and training of the Investment Controlling & Compliance teams
- Support activities after go-live
The core responsibilities of the consultants of Eprox related to the implementation of the Investment Accounting Manager were:
- Conceptual design of the Investment Accounting Manager in consideration of the IFRS, French GAAP and fiscal GAAP accounting frameworks:
- Definition of the related valuation methods and accounting principles
- Specification of customer requirements
- Conception of new and improvement of existing accounting processes
- Definition of accounting related test cases
- Implementation of the Investment Accounting Manager for the required accounting frameworks covering the whole range of financial instruments traded at Swiss Life France consisting of:
- Configuration of the general ledger accounting rules (general ledger configuration)
- Testing of the accounting set-up
- Definition and implementation of account- and inventory-based reports for sub-ledger / general-ledger reconciliation (portfolio figures)
- Conception and definition of accounting-based reports, such as investment income reports
- Support in migration
- Support activities after go-live
Philipp Menzi, Responsible Programme Manager, Swiss Life Asset Management AG:
“With Eprox Consulting we have found a highly professional partner who assisted us from the conception phase through to the successful go-live of SimCorp Dimension in all our business units. Eprox’ skills in business conception, their problem solving capabilities and their system expertise in financial accounting and compliance & controlling were core to the successful implementation of SimCorp Dimension at Swiss Life.
At all times, we highly appreciated the hands-on, customer oriented advisory services of Eprox Consulting.”
Prior to this, Eprox Consulting assisted Swiss Life in the extensive evaluation of a wide range of investment management solutions, which lead to the selection of SimCorp Dimension in July 2008.
Eprox Consulting was mandated to support Swiss Life during the implementation of SimCorp Dimension for the different Swiss Life units. From the initial business conception and implementation in the accounting work-stream of the project to the specification and implementation of management reports of strategic importance, Eprox Consulting was highly involved and delivered in time with a high quality standard. Today, senior management monitors the investment income on a daily basis in accordance with the IFRS- and local GAAP (Swiss GAAP, HGB) accounting standards.
Eprox Consulting supported Swiss Life from 2007 to May 2013 with business and system related advisory services. We are proud of such long lasting customer loyalty. This is the result of our dedication to professionally serve our clients with excellent services and profound knowledge in asset management.